Sunday 13 March 2016

Disappointing High End Makeup Products

I don't know about you, but I find these kind out posts very useful when it comes to deciding on what products to invest in. I'm not in any way trying to slate any brands, as these brands actually have some of my favourite makeup products in. However, these products didn't live up to my expectations and i'm just here to let you know why, so that you can see whether or not you want to invest. Hope this helps!

This eyeliner is marketed to be a product which makes it super easy to get a sharp cat eye flick and for the price you pay, you expect that to be the case right? Well, I didn't find this to be the case at all. Although the gel eyeliner itself is very black and long lasting it is incredibly hard to remove if you make a mistake. I also found the product very hard to get out of the tube because it doesn't come out easily. In order to get the gel eyeliner out, the product has to be twisted up. Yet, whenever I used it, I either didn't get enough product out or too much came out and it was impossible to work with. I also found the tip of the eyeliner to be more of a gimmick. It didn't allow me to create a sharp defined cat eye look, but it came out all clumpy and thick - not how I like my eyeliner to look. This eyeliner doesn't even compare to the L'Oreal Superliner. This is much easier to work with, is also very black and it so much easier to remove if you make a mistake. Plus it's only £6.99, so it's so much cheaper!


Since I love the heavy duty boi-ing concealer and the erase paste concealer, which are both from benefit, my expectations for the fakeup concealer were quite high. This concealer is marketed to be very hydrating and to be used to conceal dark circles, yet I didn't find it to cover up my undereye circles at all. When I applied the concealer it was very moisturising, yet it acted at more of a moisturiser than a concealer. I didn't notice it to have made any difference to covering up and darkness and I don't have very bad under-eye circles anyway, so I expected it to make some difference. Overall, this product didn't work for me at all, as considering the price of it, it is most definitely a disappointing product. I would recommend you try one of the other concealers from benefit if you want to invest!


I wasn't too sure if i was going to like this product when I bought it, but after watching one of Fleur's videos where she was raving about this product, I decided to give it a go. When I used it myself though, I didn't like it at all. The colour comes out a very light brown colour and I didn't find it easy to contour with at all. I found it quite hard to blend because every time I blended it, it seemed to disappear because it wasn't very pigmented. For £22 I would have expected more.



When I first saw this palette online, the colours looked so pretty that I told myself I had to have it, which resulted in me making the quick decision to impulse buy it. However, when it arrived the colours looked so different in real life compared to how they looked online. For instance, the colour 'Snobby' is a really yellow eyeshadow in person, but online it looked like a shimmery gold shade. Although, I don't like the colours that are in the palette, the actual quality of the eyeshadows are pretty good. They are very easy to blend and they are pretty pigmented, especially when you use a spritz of mac fix+ to intensify the colour. Overall, I wouldn't recommend you try this product, in my opinion the Urban Decay or Too Faced eyeshadows are much better and are a similar price!

I don't mean to be overly negative, I just don't want any of you to purchase these products without knowing that they may not be as good a what you expect. That way, you may choose to spend your money elsewhere on a better product!

Thanks for reading,

ffy x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig