Sunday 6 March 2016

What's in my travel makeup bag?

Whenever I go on a trip, I always struggle when choosing what to take with me. I'm one of those people that tends to overpack and bring a load of makeup/clothes/shoes that I won't actually use. So, on my last trip away I decided to try and keep the amount of makeup that I brought with me to a minimum. You may still think I've overpacked, but compared to how much I usually take with me, this is a lot less.


1. Face Primer - Recently I've been trying out Benefit's new POREfessional Matte Rescue. This is a gel that you apply onto your skin that gives your face a smooth and matte base. On top of this, I apply Benefit's POREfessional primer to my skin to reduce the appearance of any pores. I tend to focus this mainly around my cheeks and my nose, as that is where my pores are largest.

2. Foundation - On an everyday basis will use my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, but I was running low so I decided to take my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation with me instead. I am currently the shade 51 - Light Vanilla. I love the natural dewy finish that this foundation has, because it leaves my skin looking really glowy and healthy.

3. Concealer - To cover up any blemishes or spots I like to use the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I am currently the shade Light 2 - Vanilla. This concealer is very full coverage and I can always rely on it to cover any redness or spots that I have. If I haven't had much sleep the night before, and need something to combat my under eye circles than I will use Benefit's Erase Paste. This is a salmon-toned concealer which helps to hide any blue/purple tones. I use this in the shade No. 1 - Fair.

4. Eyebrows - To outline my brows and define an arch, I use the Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in the shade Blonde. This product stays on my brows all day and is my perfect shade. Then I use theBalm Brow Pow Eyebrow Powder in the shade Blonde to fill in any sparse areas. To set my eyebrows, I use Benefit's Speed BROW to keep them in place.

5. Bronzer, Blush and Highlighter - In order to prevent myself from bringing 3 different products, I decided to take one palette with me that contains a bronzer, blusher and highlighter. The NARS Virtual Domination Palette was a limited edition palette that came out towards the end of 2014. I used the NARS Laguna Bronzer the NARS Deep Throat Blush and the NARS Miss Liberty Highlighter.

6. Eyeshadow - For eyeshadow, I decided to take a small palette that has very wearable everyday colours. The Too Faced Natural Eyes palette was perfect for this because it doesn't take up too much space in my makeup bag and it gives me a variety of eyeshadow looks to choose from.


7. Eyeshadow base - The MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in the shade Painterly is the perfect eyeshadow base for my skin tone. It can be used alone to hide any veins or pigmentation on your eyelids but it also helps to keep your eyeshadow in place.

8. Eyeliner - My favourite eyeliner at the moment is the L'Oreal Perfect Slim eyeliner in the shade Intense Black. The felt tip is very thin which makes it much easier to create that precise cat eye flick.

9. Mascara Primer - Recently I've been using Benefit's They're Real tinted eyelash primer and it has made such a difference to my lashes! It helps to keep my lashes defined and gives my lashes much more volume.

10. Mascara - The Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara is one of my current favourites. The shape of the wand makes it so easy to grab your lashes and keep them curled. For only £7.99 it's such a steal!

11. Powder - To set my foundation and concealer, I use the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder. I use either shade 51 or shade 52. I find this powder to be very fine and appear more natural on the skin.

12. Setting Spray - To finish off my makeup I use the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. This keeps my makeup in place throughout the whole day and I can always rely on it.

Thanks for reading,

ffy x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig