Wednesday 8 June 2016

Chocolate Brownie Recipe

The other day I fancied baking something and as usual I decided to bake my favourite sweet treat - chocolate brownies. Today I have a post on what recipe I use so you can bake them too if you wish!



The recipe that I like to use is from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. This book is super cute and contains so many lovely cake recipes and I can't wait to try baking some more!

Ingredients:

200g - Dark Chocolate
175g - Unsalted Butter
325g - Caster Sugar
130g - Plain Flour
3 Eggs
Icing Sugar to decorate
a 33 x 23 x 5cm baking tray lined with greaseproof paper

Makes about 12 Portions

Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC (325ºF) Gas 3.
  2. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water). Leave them until they have melted together and are smooth in consistency.
  3. Remove the bowl from the heat. Add the sugar and stir it in until it is fully incorporated.
  4. Add the flour and stir it in until it is fully mixed together.
  5. Stir in the eggs and mix until thick and smooth.
  6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until flaky on top but still soft in the centre. (I only baked it for about 25 minutes and it was just right). Be careful not to overcook otherwise the edges will become hard and crunchy.
  7. Leave it to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar to decorate.

I absolutely loved this recipe, the brownies were so tasty. I would seriously recommend getting this book if you love baking, its so good!

Thanks for reading,

ffy x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've had this book for about a year now and I've always flicked past the brownie page! Although seeing you post about them has certainly made me want to whip out a bunch of my own! I don't think my summer bod will thank me!
    Shan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly they're sooo good! I only tried this recipe the other day because I couldn't find the one we usually use and this one is so much better!!😍 You should make some!😏 Xx

      Delete

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig