Wednesday 20 July 2016

Drugstore Dupes for High End Products

Today I would like to share with you a few dupes for some of my favourite high end makeup products. There are so many cheaper alternatives that you can pick up from the drugstore nowadays but it can be hard to know which ones will be any good. However, I have found 3 pretty good dupes so keep reading if you would like to find out what they are.



Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade vs. Freedom Pro Brow Pomade 

The Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow pomade is the one product I use every single day. It's such a staple in my makeup collection and I am yet to find anything that is better than it. However, I have found a product that is very similar, but much cheaper.  Whilst in Superdrug I came across the brand Freedom and saw that they do a similar type of brow pomade, so of course I had to try it. I picked up the shade 'taupe' because thats the shade that I am in the ABH DipBrow and it was the closest match to my eyebrow colour. So having tried and tested both of the products I would say they are pretty similar. The Anastasia Beverly Hills pomade retails for £15, whereas the Freedom pomade retails for £5. The only difference I notice is that the Freedom pomade is slightly more grey toned and feels slightly more oily in consistency. However, considering the Freedom pomade is only 1/3 of the price it is still pretty damn good and I would defiantly repurchase it if I needed to.



Too Faced - Chocolate Bar Palette vs. I Heart Makeup - I Heart Chocolate Palette

The Too Faced chocolate bar palette is one of my all time favourite eyeshadow palletes. The eyeshadows are all so highly pigmented and easy to blend, they truly are amazing. So when I saw this palette that was supposed to be a dupe for the chocolate bar palette I knew I had to try it out. Considering the fact that the Too Faced palette is £39 and the I Heart Makeup palette is only £7.99 I wasn't expecting much but it is actually a pretty good dupe. To my surprise, the shadows are really easy to blend and don't come out chalky in the slightest. If you can't justify £39 for the Too Faced palette then this palette is the one for you. The only downside in my opinion is that the packaging isn't as cute as the Too Faced palette. However, if that doesn't bother you then I'm sure you will love this palette just as much!





Too Faced - Sweethearts Blush vs. I Heart Makeup - Blushing Hearts Blush

I have the Too Faced Blush in the shade 'Peach Beach' and it is such a pretty shade. It isn't too in your face and comes out as a very natural and pretty colour to wear everyday. I tend to swirl all three shades together to get a shimmery colour but you can just focus your brush on one area if you want a particular shade. I Heart Makeup do a very similar product with very similar shades to the Too Faced Blushes. The products are not that similar in consistency however when you apply them they look very similar. The I Heart Makeup blush is is slightly more chalky, however you can't tell once you are wearing it. The Too Faced blushes retail for £24 but the I Heart Makeup blushes are only £4.99, so considering the price difference they have done a pretty good job of making them similar. The packaging is also very similar because they both come in a heart shaped cardboard bow (which is very cute in my opinion). I have the shade 'Iced Hearts' in the I Heart Makeup Blush; however the shade 'Peachy Keen' would be a better dupe shade wise for the Too Faced 'Peach Beach' blush.



Let me know if you have any good drugstore dupes for some of your favourite high end products!

Thanks for reading,

ffy x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig