Wednesday 27 July 2016

Review: Benefit's New Eyebrow Products

If you're a bit of a makeup addict, like myself, I'm sure you will be aware that last month Benefit launched a load of new eyebrow products into the market. Some of which are old favourites, but some are a complete new edition. Of course I had to get my hands on a few of them as soon as possible so now I've tried them out I would like to let you know what I recommend. Hope this helps!



This was the product that I was most excited about when I heard about it because it is very similar to the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade (which is my all time favourite eyebrow product). The actual product is held in a little glass pot which can be unscrewed. However, my favourite thing about the packaging is the fact that it comes with a little angled brush. This makes it so much more convenient for on the go and you also don't have to go out and spend more money on a separate brush to use the product with. The actual product itself is so long wearing and lasts all day long without smudging or anything. I love how easy this product is to work with because you can use as little or as much as you like and it still looks really natural. Personally I like to have fuller brows so I tend to need to use more product on my eyebrows to draw them on but they still look pretty natural and not too intense. Unfortunately I picked up shade 2 when I should have gone for shade 3; but its the perfect shade for my Mum so she now uses it and loves it too. If you were to only get one product from the new range, this would definitely be the one that I recommend. It is so easy to work with and you can use it for whatever look you are going for, be that to just slightly define your eyebrows or for a full brow.


This was another product that I was excited about because it reminded me of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil which I used to love. This pencil would be ideal if you have very sparse eyebrows and you only want to fill them in slightly. Although, I wouldn't recommend it if you like to fill your eyebrows in a lot because you would need to use quite a bit of the pencil and it would probably run out pretty quickly if you are using a lot of it every day. It does have a very natural finish so if you like a very natural brow look, this could be ideal for you because it allows you to draw on short little strokes to mimic the appearance of brow hairs. Although for myself, I have to draw on pretty much the whole arch so I would use this product up way to quickly and I much prefer my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow over this.



This was my favourite product from Benefit's old eyebrow range but there were originally only two shades, one which was too light for me and the other which was too dark. I was so pleased when I heard they were bringing out a shade which was in the middle because I knew it would be the perfect shade for me, and it is! Once I have filled my eyebrows in using my Dip Brow I will then set them with gimme brow to keep them in place throughout the day. It helps to make my brows look that bit more fuller and more natural looking. I know I love this because it's become part of my everyday eyebrow routine and I will 100% be repurchasing another when i run out. I would really recommend trying this if you've tried the old gimme brow shades and they didn't have a good colour match for you.


Brow Zings was also in the previous collection and I used to love it when I had really dark hair because I used the shade 'dark' and it was a pretty good match. However, since going blonde none of the shades were a very good match for my hair colour and they were all too warm toned. In the new range they now have shade 3 which is a good match for my eyebrows so I can now use it again. I love this if I'm only going out for a few hours because it lasts pretty well for a short while and its so easy to work with. However, I couldn't wear this for the whole day because after a few hours it starts to wear off and doesn't look good anymore. This would probably be the one product that I wouldn't actually repurchase because its £24.50 and there are much cheaper products available that do a better job in my opinion!

Hopefully this post helped those of you who were thinking about trying out any of the new brow products from Benefit. Let me know if you have tried out any of the others and if they're worth investing in!

Thanks for reading,

ffy x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig