Wednesday 31 August 2016

August Favourites

Hi lovelies, it feels like FOREVER since I've posted but I'm pleased to be back and blogging again. I just came back from a trip to Orlando (on which I picked up a few makeup bits, so look out for a post this Sunday about what I picked up)! Anyway, today I would love to share with you the products that have been key in my makeup routine for the month of August.


Chanel Blush - '15 Orchid Rose'

This has been my go-to blush for the past few months but for some reason I just haven't included it in any of my favourites, weird right?! I would describe the shade as a dusky rose colour. It's not too pink or OTT, but its just simply a very natural shade that goes perfectly with any makeup look. It's my favourite blush out of all the blushes I have and was 100% worth the money. I love it so so much!


Nivea Post Shave Balm

After seeing all the hype around this product; (I believe it was Nikkie Tutorials who initially spread word of this, although correct me if I'm wrong!) I decided to try it out and oh my I am so impressed. Personally I like a primer to minimise pores and help my foundation stay on all day. So I have been using either the nyx pore filler primer or the benefit porefessional primer first on my skin to reduce the appearance of pores and then applying the shave balm all over my face. Let me tell you, this stuff is AMAZING!!! The best way I can think to describe it is that the product acts as a glue for your foundation. It literally makes your foundation skick to your face and doesn't budge throughout the day. I am so in love with it. The only downside is that it does have a very slight 'manly' scent when you apply it. However, you can't notice this once it's dried and you've put the rest of your makeup on.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

The other skin product I have been obsessed with this month is a setting spray. I have found this to be such a lifesaver this month because it was super hot in Orlando and my foundation melted of my face so quickly. However, in the days where I used both the Nivea post shave balm and urban decay setting spray, my foundation stayed in place all day. The best way I found for me to use it was by spraying my face about 4-6 times straight after I had applied my foundation and concealer. I then left it to dry for about a minute before going in to set my face with powder. I found this worked much better than spraying my face at the end because it really helped to set my base makeup.

Ardell 'Wispies' Lashes

Whilst on holiday I picked up some of the Ardell 'Wispies' lashes. I usually go for the 'Demi Wispies', however I have found that they don't seem quite dramatic enough for my anymore. Whereas the 'Wispes' are much fuller and are more noticeable that you're wearing lashes. I prefer those particular lashes because they're still very natural looking and the ensues aren't cut harshly, making them easy to blend with your natural lashes.

The lash glue that I like to use is the DUO Lash Adhesive. You can get a green, blue or pink version. Obviously the glue isn't coloured, but the glue in the green packaging has a brush included which makes it very easy to apply the glue to the lash band. The one in the blue packaging is slightly harder to get out of the bottle in my opinion!


Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

I took both the Original Naked palette from Urban Decay and the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette on holiday with me and I have to say that the palette I used the most was the chocolate bar palette. I feel like I always rave about toofaced eyeshadows but they really are just amazing. I feel like each month I end up becoming obsessed with a different palette of theirs and for good reason, they're all amazing. The colours I have been using this month are white chocolate (a matte cream shade I use as a base and to highlight my brow bone); milk chocolate and semi-sweet (as transition shades) and marzipan (as a lid colour).

Thanks for reading,

ffy x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig