Wednesday 3 August 2016

My Top 5 Mac Lipsticks

Hello lovelies, today I would love to share with you what my 5 favourite mac lipsticks are. I currently have 20 mac lipsticks in my collection and these are the 5 that I get them most wear out of and that I would recommend you pick up. Hope you enjoy!



From Left to Right: HoneyLove; Half N Half; Velvet Teddy; Spirit; Creme in Your Coffee

HoneyLove

This is probably the lightest lipstick shade that I own from mac. I would describe it as a very neutral beige toned lipstick. It is a matte formula so it can be slightly drying on the lips if you wear it every day. However, being a matte formula it tends to last a pretty long time. My favourite way to wear this lipstick is in combination with Mac's Whirl lipliner because I find the the colours go really well together. I have almost used up all of this lipstick and I will 100% be repurchasing it when it runs out. 

Half N Half

When I first got this lipstick back in April I was totally obsessed with it and wore it almost everyday. I would describe it as a very neutral brown toned shade. It's very easy to wear because you can pair it with almost any eyeshadow that uses brown shadows. It's an Amplified formula which is one of my favourites because it means the lipstick looks glossy on the lips, yet it feels really smooth and moisturising. The formula is also very pigmented which allows for the true colour to be shown on the lips.

Velvet Teddy

There was so much hype around this lipstick as its supposed to be the shade Kylie Jenner uses to make her lips look more fuller and plump. I decided against purchasing this lipstick for months because I just didn't think the shade would suit me and that it would be too pink toned. However, eventually I gave in and picked one up and I'm so glad i did. It is such an easy colour to wear everyday because it's a matte formula which means it lasts for a long time. It is probably one of my most worn lipstick shades, I love it!

Spirit

This is a fairly new edition to my collection but it has quickly become one of my favourites. It is very similar in colour to Velvet Teddy, however Spirit is slightly more brown toned. Spirit is a Satin formula which is another of my favourite formulas because the lipsticks are really pigmented, but they don't dry your lip out like a matte lipstick would. If Velvet Teddy looks slightly too pinky for you then I think you may prefer Spirit.



The lipstick above is the shade 'Creme in Your Coffee'

Creme in Your Coffee

This lipstick is the one which is most different to my other favourites. Creme in your Coffee is a Cremesheen formula which means the colour isn't very pigmented, but looks more like a lip gloss when you apply it. You can build it up slightly, or make the colour darker if you pair it with a lipliner. However, it's not as bold as an Amplified/Satin/Matte formula. I would describe this shade as more of a berry toned nude, so I tend to wear this more in the winter months.

Thanks for reading,

ffy x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm having a little blog catch up of all your recent posts and I am loving them more than ever! I need to get my hands on creme in your coffee! I adore Spirit I find it's such an underrated shade but I've loved it for years!

    Shan xx

    missshanlouise.com

    ReplyDelete

© Beauty | Fashion | Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig